donderdag 20 december 2007
dinsdag 18 december 2007
To be successful or victorious. Show us 'win' in your space.
This picure is taken a while ago when the soccerteam of my youngest won their first tournament.
My little collection of glassy things.
maandag 17 december 2007
vrijdag 14 december 2007
woensdag 12 december 2007
maandag 10 december 2007
vrijdag 7 december 2007
woensdag 5 december 2007
Come on, we all have a hint of it somehwere in our space - right?
Not very much "christmas" here. Today it's Sinterklaas-Day. In Holland most people wait with their Christmas-things until this day is over. So after Dec. 5th Christmas may enter the houses.
These ornaments were made by my scrap-friends. They are made form chipboard and we did a swap with in. This ones I liked so much that I left them hanging in a little corner of the licing room all year long...... This year we do it again. Mine are finished.....
Brrrrr - so feeling it here. Have you chilliness in your space?
Shawl and gloves waiting to be used........
maandag 3 december 2007
vrijdag 30 november 2007
donderdag 29 november 2007
This "thing" is standing at our frontdoor. My dad made it for us. You can use it to brush off the dirt or mud from your shoes before going inside.
woensdag 28 november 2007
To feel a need to drink something. Find 'thirsty' in your space today.
A rough texture on wood or stone. Find 'grain' in your space today.
A narrow passageway between or behind houses. Show us an 'alley' in your space today.
To cut quickly. How us 'snip in your space
maandag 12 november 2007
It's almost Sinterklaas. Doesn't say much, I think, to you all. Here in Holland it is a tradition.
December 5th is the birthday of Sinterklaas and at that date he gives presents to all the little children........
This year he arrives on his steamship with his Zwarte Pieten on November 17th. From this day till december 5th children may put their shoe before the fire-place (or somewhere else). In our case they used to set there shoe at the frontdoor so he can put toys or goodies in the shoes. You can leave something in your shoe for Sinterklaas's horse and maybe you'll get something big........ You have to leave your whishlist too, so he knows what to buy for you.
I'll hope you will understand this is kinda like Santa Claus....... parents buy toys for their children pretending it to be from Sinterklaas. Elderly children doesn't believe this anymore but the little children are very into Sinterklaas.
vrijdag 9 november 2007
I had so many plans today: doing laundry, ironing, getting groceries, a bit of housekeeping. And then my mum called: if I wanted to go shopping for a new couch.......( Sigh........ difficult decision..... NOT...........)
Need I say more.......(my daily routine was completely disturbed)
This one did she choose..........
Just 12 weeks of waiting ahead..........
donderdag 8 november 2007
woensdag 7 november 2007
dinsdag 6 november 2007
The school will be finished june 2008.
maandag 5 november 2007
Two pictures of me today. The first one I made a few days ago, while walking through our neighbourhood. The curling brown leaves touched me and I had to make a photo of them...
The other picture is a real sad one. It shows a broken cashregister (if that's the right word?) Last weekend there was a burglary at the place where I work. They forced their way in by cracking a window and they've broken 2 closets. In one of them stood this cashregister. They opened it with a knife and took all the money. The black spots on it is the powder the police uses to take fingerprints. I think we never see the money again. Truly SAD!!!
zondag 4 november 2007
I did this tag about a year ago and things haven't been changed that much. It belongs to me, I think.
These are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Here it goes.....
1. I have, apparently implanted in me, batteries. Every time, for instance at a crop, when we make the same thing I always am the first one to finish a step. I have to wait for the others to finish their work before we can go to the next step. They say: "Excuse me, are you having new batteries installed?.......... This doesn't happen only then, but also on other occasions. Then I say "Yes, just have new Duracells" or "I just have recharged them".
2. I can't say NO. I try to, but I just can't.
3. I keep a weblog..... Not strange to you all, because you do so yourself, but a lot of people in my surroundings think that's a strange thing to do. I'll always have to laugh because my husband says: "It's a good thing, because now I know what's on your mind".
4. I'm into scrapbooking. Another strange thing to my family and friends. They all think it's great, but why don't I just glue the picture's in an album like everyone else does?
5. When I see a picture of myself I always think it's stupid....... A lot of you think that too from yourselves, but in my case it's true...... It's because I have a lazy eye (don't know if that the right word in English??). That eye always looks silly on pictures. And that's what I see when I see pictures of myself. That´s why the picture on my profile (in the right corner of this blog) is a good one. My lazy eye is hidden behind the camera. Pictures of me wearing my sunglasses are okay too.
6. I always carry my camera with me. Wherever I go, it´s in my bag.
7. I work as a volunteer at the speelotheek (like a library but you can borrow toys instead of books). Some people think that´s strange. Why should you work for free..... Who does that......... I do, and I like it.....
Okay, enough for me now. You all know the strange things about me.
Because so many people did this tag already it´s hard to find someone who hasn´t done this tag. Therefore........ feel free to do this yourself if you haven´t been tagged..... Leave me a comment and I will peek at your blog to see the strange things about you. Have fun!
vrijdag 2 november 2007
When it's in bloom it hangs over the terrace and the flowers smell so nice.....
donderdag 1 november 2007
woensdag 31 oktober 2007
dinsdag 30 oktober 2007
maandag 29 oktober 2007
One of my windows...... We have two of this.......
The close-up pictures show the vase with autumn-decorations and the balls with autumndecorations that are hanging from the ceiling.
This is a "favourite'' part of our bathroom. The bathroom isn't exactly a beautiful room, it's small and a bit '80's........ In the closet there is this little basket. We keep our washing-gloves in there, so they don't end up all over the bathroom.
donderdag 25 oktober 2007
Check this thread on the forum
woensdag 24 oktober 2007
Right above the couch is a painting given to us by my grandmother. We got the painting as a weddinggift. The mill on the picture is the mill in the village I lived before I got married. My grandmother died 9 years ago but the painting is still a very special thing to me......
dinsdag 23 oktober 2007
Not much pink in our household (with 3 men and 1 woman) but I managed to found this moneybox.......
and when I looked into our garden I've noticed this hydrangea that is still blooming with one pink flower........