vrijdag 30 november 2007
donderdag 29 november 2007
This "thing" is standing at our frontdoor. My dad made it for us. You can use it to brush off the dirt or mud from your shoes before going inside.
woensdag 28 november 2007
To feel a need to drink something. Find 'thirsty' in your space today.
A rough texture on wood or stone. Find 'grain' in your space today.
A narrow passageway between or behind houses. Show us an 'alley' in your space today.
To cut quickly. How us 'snip in your space
maandag 12 november 2007
It's almost Sinterklaas. Doesn't say much, I think, to you all. Here in Holland it is a tradition.
December 5th is the birthday of Sinterklaas and at that date he gives presents to all the little children........
This year he arrives on his steamship with his Zwarte Pieten on November 17th. From this day till december 5th children may put their shoe before the fire-place (or somewhere else). In our case they used to set there shoe at the frontdoor so he can put toys or goodies in the shoes. You can leave something in your shoe for Sinterklaas's horse and maybe you'll get something big........ You have to leave your whishlist too, so he knows what to buy for you.
I'll hope you will understand this is kinda like Santa Claus....... parents buy toys for their children pretending it to be from Sinterklaas. Elderly children doesn't believe this anymore but the little children are very into Sinterklaas.
vrijdag 9 november 2007
I had so many plans today: doing laundry, ironing, getting groceries, a bit of housekeeping. And then my mum called: if I wanted to go shopping for a new couch.......( Sigh........ difficult decision..... NOT...........)
Need I say more.......(my daily routine was completely disturbed)
This one did she choose..........
Just 12 weeks of waiting ahead..........
donderdag 8 november 2007
woensdag 7 november 2007
dinsdag 6 november 2007
The school will be finished june 2008.
maandag 5 november 2007
Two pictures of me today. The first one I made a few days ago, while walking through our neighbourhood. The curling brown leaves touched me and I had to make a photo of them...
The other picture is a real sad one. It shows a broken cashregister (if that's the right word?) Last weekend there was a burglary at the place where I work. They forced their way in by cracking a window and they've broken 2 closets. In one of them stood this cashregister. They opened it with a knife and took all the money. The black spots on it is the powder the police uses to take fingerprints. I think we never see the money again. Truly SAD!!!
zondag 4 november 2007
I did this tag about a year ago and things haven't been changed that much. It belongs to me, I think.
These are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Here it goes.....
1. I have, apparently implanted in me, batteries. Every time, for instance at a crop, when we make the same thing I always am the first one to finish a step. I have to wait for the others to finish their work before we can go to the next step. They say: "Excuse me, are you having new batteries installed?.......... This doesn't happen only then, but also on other occasions. Then I say "Yes, just have new Duracells" or "I just have recharged them".
2. I can't say NO. I try to, but I just can't.
3. I keep a weblog..... Not strange to you all, because you do so yourself, but a lot of people in my surroundings think that's a strange thing to do. I'll always have to laugh because my husband says: "It's a good thing, because now I know what's on your mind".
4. I'm into scrapbooking. Another strange thing to my family and friends. They all think it's great, but why don't I just glue the picture's in an album like everyone else does?
5. When I see a picture of myself I always think it's stupid....... A lot of you think that too from yourselves, but in my case it's true...... It's because I have a lazy eye (don't know if that the right word in English??). That eye always looks silly on pictures. And that's what I see when I see pictures of myself. That´s why the picture on my profile (in the right corner of this blog) is a good one. My lazy eye is hidden behind the camera. Pictures of me wearing my sunglasses are okay too.
6. I always carry my camera with me. Wherever I go, it´s in my bag.
7. I work as a volunteer at the speelotheek (like a library but you can borrow toys instead of books). Some people think that´s strange. Why should you work for free..... Who does that......... I do, and I like it.....
Okay, enough for me now. You all know the strange things about me.
Because so many people did this tag already it´s hard to find someone who hasn´t done this tag. Therefore........ feel free to do this yourself if you haven´t been tagged..... Leave me a comment and I will peek at your blog to see the strange things about you. Have fun!
vrijdag 2 november 2007
When it's in bloom it hangs over the terrace and the flowers smell so nice.....